Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Heart is in his Hands

Late Friday night my niece had cried to me that she couldn't fall asleep. My niece was nervous that if she didn't fall asleep then she would not focus on her studies Saturday morning at her tutoring center. I asked my niece if she wanted milk or water which she had shaken her head "no". The only solution which I could help my 9 year old niece is to pray for her. I had put my hands on her head and asked The Lord to give her peace while she slept. 2 minutes later my niece was sound asleep. I had thanked The Lord for this little miracle for my niece. Being a part time parent to my niece is important to me. It is important to teach her having a relationship with The Lord. Reading his word or sing a worship song on Pandora. Or getting a reminder on her iPhone to read her Bible in her quiet time. Or running to church when I can to hear the word from the preacher.

All my life my dad taught me to find The Lord. Having a relationship with The Lord didn't come official until I was 16 years old which was 17 years ago today. I remembered one spring morning at the church retreat The Lord had spoken into my heart ask him into my life. Life wasn't the same for me after that day.

Life has ups & downs. The Lord has been my only hope in my life. When I was hurting which I would call my earthly dad to pray for me like my niece. I don't have my earthly dad to pray for me in my life now. My earthly dad is in heaven. Now, I have The Lord to guide my steps especially if I'm part time parent to my niece.


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "(Proverbs 3:5 KJV)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...