Monday, July 29, 2013

In Memory of Kidd Kraddick & Tom Dooley






There are two DJs in my life that I enjoyed listening to Tom Dooley & Kid Kraddick. These DJs reminded me a little of my father, Dan. When I moved away for the first time from my childhood home, Tom Dooley would encouraged me on the radio with the Word in 2008 each day. I did my best to be independent & not call my dad every morning. 

Sometimes, I would listen to Tom Dooley on ITunes while I worked on my studies. Tom Dooley had passed away on November 9, 2010 with brain cancer. I remembered telling my dad our favorite DJ who passed away. Dad reacted with sadness.Tom Dooley was part of my life & my dad's life each day. 

1st Annual Tom Dooley's Memorial Gold Tournament on September 14, 2013. I will volunteer for the event in memorial of my dad, Dan.


I would listened to Kidd Kraddick each morning to laugh. There were times I didn't agreed with Kidd but I accepted him as he was on the radio. He made me laugh while I was grieving for my dad last year. There would be times I would turn off the radio because I didn't agree with Kidd on certain topics or I couldn't stand what they were talking about that morning but I always came back to listen to Kidd's show. 

I was driving to work last Monday, I heard Kidd do a segment of the show call Dying Dead Bed Confession. It was hard to listen to this part of the show. I heard Kidd Kraddick making fun of Kellie at the end of segment of the show. It's funny but difficult to listen. It's surreal to hear Kidd passed away after doing that radio segment of the show last Monday. 


What do the listeners do now? Go somewhere else to listen another family morning crew in morning? All of us come from different backgrounds but I know one thing we have common is Kidd Kraddick & the morning crew. 

To listen Kidd Kraddick online  http://www.kiddnation.com/

1st concert will be held on August 15, 2013 with the Jonas Brothers at House of Blues for the terminal ill kiddos. Come and support the kiddos! 

http://www.kiddskids.com/  Kidd Kraddick's foundation

Remember life is short but our days are numbered. We all need to leave our legacy like these great DJs. Do something great with your life. Focus on the helping the hurting. Don't waste your time hating on others or hurting folks with your negative words. Do something positive like Kidd & Tom Dooley as they did with their lives. Remember to look up & focus our hearts on the Father above, Jesus. All of us will be called home one day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...