Sunday, February 24, 2013

A love for a Father in 2007

This morning, I was talking to my dad and at the end of our conversation he responded to me that he loved me. Not many fathers tell their own daughters that they love them. Many of you guys on myspace may not know what my father is all about but with one word I can describe who he is. He is one to have compassion for others. My father would go out of his way just to help my family, friends and myself with anything. I mean anything. There been many times I would be stuck in a situation and needed help. He would always be there to help me. He would always encourage me to finish on getting my degree when I had tough times at school. I am soon to finish at the end of this year. He would be my Friday night date to the movies when I was feeling lonely. Now, I'm in a great relationship with another man in my life that I am dating. My dad is my hero in my life. Sometimes the hero has to fall to the ground. I look at my dad dealing with colon cancer and fighting for his life with this darn disease. I feel helpless for him and I want to fix this problem but I can't. The only way I can be strong is to have faith in the Lord. I have to believe the Lord will heal him from this cancer. One day, I will see his healing come to pass in his body. For now I wait and pray.

I wrote this piece in 4.12.07**** on MySpace

March is Colon Cancer Awareness month.

My dad was a survivor for 1st time with colon cancer.

http://www.butt-check.org/survivor-stories/dan-rodriguez.php

2nd time my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer. My dad passed away from colon cancer on 09.14.11

I promised myself that I would continue the rest of my life to get the word out of colon cancer to others.

Iamisleen

Isaiah 53
4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...