Tuesday, February 5, 2013
What is True Beauty?
I wrote this article on May 4, 2006***
I was once in this Philosophy class and one of the questioned was being asked to the class on how to define the meaning of beauty? One man said that beauty can be defined on what the appearance is on the outside. It was the wrong answer as the teacher told him. One of the great philosopher Plato argued that the form of beauty is characterized sometimes by the kind of image.
In a sense in a society, we tend to look at beauty on what appearance on the outside. As a woman in today society, I had come to the conclusion that beauty is not everything. Singer Shakira said recently to Teen People, "Beauty is subject to its magical touch-ups. What we see on magazine covers as the model of beauty isn't real. I think that's very damaging. Some of the celebrities which they feel this pressure too."
I agree with Shakira on what she had said because all of us are real people and live in a real world with a certain perceptions of being beautiful which is so unrealistic.
We as a society need to look within a person and not judge only by beautiful appearances but by the heart. As a twenty-something woman also I have learned it not the self-image but the Lord can show us the true beauty within ourselves if we allow him inside of our hearts.
1 Peter 3:4:
4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Shakira: "It's Not My Hobby to Show My Belly"
By Zena Burns
http://www.shakiramedia.com/articles/detail/1113
Labels:
Fashion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment