Tuesday, September 4, 2012

" Why I Serve the Lord" By: Dan Rodriguez


This past weekend two families are mourning for their love ones who had passed away. My heart is with sadness of the love ones who had passed away. I did not know these two individuals very well but my heart breaks for all family members.

I am mourning the loss of my dad who passed away a year ago on September 14,2011. I have struggled all year missing my dad. Some of you guys miss my dad too. My dad encouraged you during difficult times in your past. Today, as I was going through my dad's written notes. I found this interesting note that will make you cry.

"Why I Serve the Lord” By: Dan Rodriguez 1999

I want God's word to continue to flow through me like a river of living water where there is no beginning and no end providing pure clean blessings from his word to all areas to all places to all people within reach.

I want my kids and all my family to do the same. I can not expect them to serve God if I'm not willing. Surely only good can come when we serve the living God who gives us all authority and power through Jesus Christ. To overcome the adversities of this world because of the Blood of the perfect lamb who died on that cross on Cavalry. Thank you Jesus for that amazing task that none of us could do.

I want to meet the people that we read everyday like Moses, Paul, Elijah, Daniel, David, and Joseph whom God used greatly in the assigned tasks in their life while they lived like you and I waiting for their savior to appear in the clouds with a loud trumpet. ( My dad said this quote to me few times.)

I want to make a difference even if it seems so small. I know that my redeemer lives within my heart and anything I do will be in the same body of Christ of whom we will not know until we all gather together with the Lord. We will find out all the pieces really did come together without loose ends.

I want to see Jesus and the Father whom we know is love, joy and everlasting. I want to tell the Lord that I love him and wish I could do so much more for him and his gospel.

I want to see my parents who I know made it with the Lord because they accepted Jesus in their lives before graduating home. I want to have so much more of him everyday. I know I can always use more of Jesus and less of me.

I want the Lord's word to spring out of me refreshing and enlightening those individuals who I know need a fresh shower of his word so life can begin to flow forth where there has only been emptiness and loneliness so shouts of JOY can come from these folks touched by his mercy and truth!

I want to take every individuals around me with me to God's home because I know many are lost, hurting, without hope. I want them to see the Lord while yet there is time, energy, and life left.

I want to walk on the streets of Gold. I've only seen very small amount of gold only on rings and chains and gold bars in pictures.

I want to see the chariot of fire Elijah rode in to Heaven. I want to talk to the man who moved God so much to do the mighty miracles while he lived on the earth.

I want to see all the Angels of the Lord for I know they are numerous as the Sea and more variety compared to the people on Earth. Having been made by our heavenly father.

I want to rest in the Lord knowing he has got me covered without having to look around for the opposition on every corner every crack everyday everywhere.

I want to spread this peace within my heart to others in turmoil and constant pain to release the much hurting the much afflicted from their bondage through our Lord and Savior Jesus.

If I don't do anything else, I want to be at least light to others to see that serving isn't about things, places, time, but a real significants relationships with the one and only Lord of who's name every tongue will confess and every knee will bow. A name above names that has earned our most deepest honor and gratitude that name would be Jesus Christ of Nazareth from Galilee who still today is saying to all man kind as he did to two brothers Simon and Peter while were fishing besides the sea of Galilee Follow me.

Be Ready




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...