Humble
Are we humble Christians? Do we pride ourselves to the world that we are better because we are Christians? Do you humble yourself in the eyes of the Lord?
Picking up other people’s trash in public restrooms is not favorite thing to do. Many years ago, I was at local restaurant with my family and I went to the restroom. When I arrived in the restroom, I noticed a vase with fresh flowers and it was different sight than I am usually seen in the public restroom. Out of now, I hear, the Lord says to me, “Isn’t this room beautiful because of those flowers?” I had to agree with the Lord. At the corner of my eye, I noticed there were used paper towels that had been thrown on the floor. I did not want to pick up the paper towels because I did not throw it on the floor. “I did not work for the restaurant and why should I pick up the paper towels as I was saying to myself. I humble myself in picking up the paper towels and in my heart, I knew the Lord was pleased with me. Picking up trash in that restroom many years ago with no one around was done in obedience to the Lord.
Jesus did not have a reputation and he had taken himself as a bond servant. Jesus did not care of what others thought of him but did what was right in the eyes of the Lord. Jesus humbles himself by dying on the cross for us. Would you die on the cross for someone’s life? What makes you humble?
James 4:10:
10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.
By Isleen Rodriguez
1 comment:
Hi Isleen, how are you? Just to let you know im enjoying reading your blog! Do visit mine if u have a minute, it's www.go-makedisciples@blogspot.com
God bless
Nicky
Post a Comment