Sunday, September 25, 2011

A 30 year old woman lessons


I am turning 31 years old this week...


My 20’s was to explore new adventures in my life such as going to Bible school, travel, ministry, school, living with a family, and friendships. Being 30 this year was quite different for me. These are some lessons that I have learned this year that I did not know when I was in my 20’s:

Jobs come and go but they do not identify who you really are but G-d knows who you really are. G-d will direct you in that dream job no matter what economy looks like from a distance. I watched my dad being successful in his job. My dad brought new ideas to his company and did not worry about being laid off. My dad continued to wake up each day at the age of 57 and went to work happy. I saw my dad modeled this attitude for me and I will continued his legacy to my next job.

Home is a place for a time and season. I learned after three moves that you cannot place yourself forever because it is temporal. There will be new seasons when it comes to a new home. I am ready to be stable but I don’t think I would ever be stable in a home because I feel there is a mission in some unknown country or in a new home.

Material does not revolve my world. My pastor brought up a good point today in church he said are  you a different person than you were last year. I was… I did not realize it but I have allowed my life to revolve material. I had so many shopping moments that I can’t count them. This year, I haven’t had many shopping moments and very few of them. I had more moments with my family or friends that I did not need to allow material to take my life or my time.

Children are a gift. Children are a gift but at this point of my life I don’t see myself having children anytime soon. My season with children is to adopt them. My two nieces and my nephew have been my world. I sing and dance with them when I babysit them. When they there are fussing then I give the children back to their parents. I wonder to myself if I will be a good parent one day?….but not right now.

Marriage is on everyone’s agenda but mine is to be one day. I have a wedding planning magazine that I bought myself if I ever need it but at this point no. When marriage will come for me but at this point I am not pushing myself until the right guy asks me even if I am in relationship with him. I want to make sure this special guy wants to grows with me and wake up each morning with me when I am married to him. I can’t push marriage on anyone for now I wait.

Parents are here on earth then they are gone. I learned to appreciate the moments with my parents no matter how much they bug me. My dad used to call me every morning to say good morning and I would say hello in sleepy voice at the beginning of the year. I wish, I had those moments again but now I only have voice mails of my dad saying good morning to me. Everyone if you have two parents still living please tells them that you love them no matter how much you hate them or spend time with them. I had so many wonderful moments with my dad and I wished, I had more wonderful moments with my dad again.

As I turn 31, I will look back of what I have learned this year and continue to grow another year.



Isleen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...