Monday, June 8, 2009

Whatever is the Weather

Whatever is the Weather

“Red Moon Rising by Peter Greig & Dave Roberts”, is one of many books that I am currently reading. I would like to share one part of the book that I found it interesting and then I will give my opinion about what I thought after you read this piece. Please read the following: “It was really because of Roger that I was here in Chichester, zooming down the road to the ER on a mission from God. Ever since that vision Portugal, I’d been wondering what to do about it. All I knew for sure was that it had to begin with getting myself sorted. God spoken to me clearly in a London park one day, pointing out a majestic oak tree before directing my attention to Jeremiah 17:7-8 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out it roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; it leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

I knew that God was telling me to put down roots by stream. Like most people, I was relatively fruitful when the sun was shining; a few friends had become Christians, and I was even viewed as something of a leader by about half dozen of my friends. I was the guy who did pretty much anything exciting he could think of for God. I had driven relief vans to Romania orphanages, smuggled Bibles in China, worked in Hong Kong with heroin addicts and in London with the homeless. I was a full-on lone ranger for Jesus.

But I had to admit, I wasn’t accountable to anyone for my actions and as a result, whenever the seasons of my life changed and the sun disappeared, so did my fruitfulness. Jeremiah was right. My girlfriend had recently finished with me and I’d been inconsolable. If I wanted to bear fruit supernaturally regardless of the climate, I knew I needed to draw water from an ongoing community that would challenge me, encourage me, and hold me accountable, whatever the weather. No more lone ranger. "

Lone Ranger… I think of the TV show of the Lone Ranger riding with his horse in the open field in some desert of Arizona. Being a Lone Ranger as Christian can't bring any help when you are on the field. When I first Christian there were so many questions which I had for my youth pastor or one of the interns was also there to help us out to figure of how to walk this walk with the Lord. I am thankful for those people who were in my life in that season. I am at the still in that season of having to be accountable to one person or another. I have chosen biology father to be my spiritual father in my life. He has brought many good advices and we have spent many hours in prayer. I could see myself walking this walk all by myself if I had to but there are times when I need to be encouraged, humble, lift up, spoken into, or mentor. There are no Lone Rangers in this journey with the Lord.

Isleen Rodriguez

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...